Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Arguementative essay


UTP OR SWANSEA?

    If I was given to choose between two of this university which are UTP and Swansea, I would definitely choose UTP. Many teenagers nowadays are demanding to study overseas.  However some parents could not afford to send their children overseas due to some financial issues. In my opinion, teenagers should understand their parents financial problems and not to be so demanding. That’s why, in my opinion, going overseas to pursue studies is not a necessity but most importantly is to graduate and excel in the future.  The following paragraphs will describe more about the reasons why I choose UTP.
     Firstly, why I choose UTP is because of the financial problems. Study locally is far more essential and my parents can save a lot.  However, the cost living locally are low as compared to the cost living at overseas. Perhaps, some rich people preferred to study aboard but some people who could not afford may just have to study locally.
     Besides that, the job opportunity is high if I study in UTP. This is because the course of engineering itself  has a wide area of learning. We can choose our heart content, which one we feel like doing the most. There are a few examples of the course which has high job opportunity such as chemical engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering and petroleum engineering . In addition, more than 95% of UTP graduates are employed within 6 months after graduation. As we can see, UTP graduates are high in demand.
    My next point is that, if I study in UTP, I can prevent homesick. If in oversea, I may make a phone call to Malaysia or make a video call since we have Skype nowadays but not everyone can access internet easily. That’s why, studying locally is far more essential and it is easier for me to visit my family during the semester break.
     In a conclusion, I will definitely going to choose UTP in local over Swansea at overseas based on the above given reasons. Perhaps through other people’s perception they will choose Swansea over UTP. After all every people have different mindsets to pursue their studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment