Wednesday, April 25, 2012


ARGUMENTATIVE ESSAY

UTP OR SWANSEA?

                UTP or Swansea? Overseas or local? England or Malaysia? Those are the questions that were playing in my mind. I have decided and I prefer to study locally, which is why I choose UTP. UTP stands for University Teknologi PETRONAS, located in Tronoh, Perak, Malaysia. I know this is the best choice and I am bound to study in UTP because of its environment, financial costs and educational system.

            Firstly, the environment in UTP is much better than in Swansea. I felt like it is much easier to cope with the local environment rather than the overseas environment. Even though, we know that in overseas there are four seasons which make it interesting but like people say, it is better in our own land. In UTP, the accommodations provided are suitable with us, Malaysians. For example, for Muslims, there are mosques or musolahs provided to let us perform our prayers. This will make it easier rather than in overseas.

            Next, the reason why I chose to study in UTP is because of the financial and living costs is much cheaper than studying in Swansea. The current exchange in Malaysia is lower than in England which makes it more affordable. Besides, the accommodations are also cheaper compare to England. As students, we definitely need to buy books and stationaries for our study. Thus, the living cost in Malaysia is affordable. In UTP, one credit hour only costs           RM 240. Imagine how many credit hours are needed for us to complete each semester. In Swansea, one credit hour may cost RM750, which is almost thrice as more as in UTP. To afford the cost to study in overseas, students might have to apply for scholarships and loans which are not easy to get.

            Furthermore, I chose to study in UTP not Swansea is because of its educational system. I have been studying in Malaysia for 12 years and this made me used to the educational system in Malaysia. The examination oriented system is suitable for me because this system will make me study more to score in the examinations. If I chose Swansea, I might not be able to cope with the educational system and I may not perform in my examinations.
            As a conclusion, people tend to choose to study locally because of its environment, financial and living costs and educational system. This is why I am strongly confident that I would study in UTP rather than in Swansea. To conclude, people still study locally compared to overseas for various reasons

No comments:

Post a Comment