Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Narrative Essay

Where Is The Love, a popular song by Black Eyed Peas split the deep, silent sleep of mine. I searched for my cell phone as I knew the sound came from the alarm that I already set up the night before. I switched off the alarm and blinked my eyes a few times. The time showed 5.30 in the morning. It was still dark outside. “Oh, wait! It’s today, the 22nd of March!” I jumped out of my bed and went for a bath. In instance, I saw my parents’ room has lighted up so I didn’t need to knock the door to wake them up for my big day. I took a heavy breakfast before I started my day as I knew that I need a lot of energy to withstand the day that I have waited for 3 months long.

At 6.30 in the morning, my parents and I started our long journey to Kuantan by driving my dad’s car. Along the way, my heart pounded so fast that my hands and legs were trembling. Whereas in my mind, I kept thinking of what I might face in a few hours time. With all of that, I had an insecure feeling that I would rather kill myself if I don’t get what I’ve been dreaming for since I started my school days.

As we arrived to the main gate of the school where I used to gain knowledge since I was in Form 1, I saw many of my friends have arrived earlier than me. I felt very relief to see my bestfriends, Hazira and Syafiqah were there. We had a nice chit chat for a while before everybody started to go silent. It was so obvious that everyone was nervous to face the music. About 10.30 o’clock, I saw the principal was on his way to the Bestari Hall and a moment later Mr. Khairul Rulam who was my Chemistry teacher called us to gather in the Bestari Hall as well for the result announcement. That moment, I could not think of anything except to pray for the best.

The ceremony was started with a speech from the principal, Tuan Haji Miftah. Later on, he proceeded with the announcement of SPM results. This was the most thrilling moment that I was so nervous until my hands were as cold as ice. He called the names that obtained an excellence result. Hazira and Syafiqah have been called in front to take the slip and I felt that it was the longest moment I ever waited for my name to be called.

My daunting moment was over when my name was called to accept the slip. I walked to the stage and suddenly all my fears had gone away when my eyes focused on a piece of paper in my hand that the principal handed to me just now. I was really glad that all my hardworks for 2 years have been wrapped up in a slip which I dreamt all this while. As soon as I stepped down from the stage, I rushed to my parents and hugged them. I handed my slip to my parents and saw a big smile on their face.

After I met all my teachers and thanked them for teaching me, I waved to my friends for a farewell gesture and went back home. I was very happy that I have proved to myself that I could find my way to success. In the other hand, I realized that the saying “when there’s a will, there’s a way” is completely true. Nevertheless, I knew that my journey is not until that point. I must pursue my study to the tertiary level so that I can make myself a benefit to others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment