Wednesday, April 25, 2012

NARRATIVE ESSAY

Journey Back to Home

                  Have you ever felt like your heart stopped beating lately? I had experienced it last month. It happened when I went back home from Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP). UTP had given the students four days off. Every single students were very happy to go back home so was I. I went back home on Wednesday evening after Pre-Calculus test ended. How happy was me on the bus at that shiny evening. Only I know how happy was I at that day. At that night, my friends from same badge stayed at school. They wanted to perform 'solat hajat' together for a last time for the goods of the school but I cannot attend because I was very tired when arrived at home after 5 hours on the bus.

                  On 20 March 2012, it was the day which SPM result out. I wake up early in the morning and I performed my 'Subuh' prayer before preparing to get to school. I went to my school by train and bus. When arrived at the school, there were many students in the rest room prepared with their formal attires to go to the main hall. At Hall of Nik Mahyuddin Wan Musa, there were many parents and teachers waiting for the results of the entire school. It was the important day for all 2011 SPM candidates. Everyone become nervous and more nervous as the time passed by. The students cannot wait any more to get the result after struggling for two years on the examination.

                  Then, after several hours, our beloved religious teacher, Ustaz Syukri called us to enter the hall. I just said to myself that I will accepted what ever grades that I received. I entered the hall with right foot with full of confident. Then, I sit at the chair at third row. After a while, the ceremony started with the speech from principal, Mr Rezazali and then giving SPM result ceremony by principal. At this time, the emcee will announced the students that get straight A's to get up into the stage to receive the SPM result slip.

                  The most suspend moment had arrived when the emcee announced only 35 students obtained straight A's for the examination. Then, one by one of my friends walk up into the stage with happy face. I really hoped that I was one of them. What I hoped had become a reality. I had called by the emcee who was also my former english teacher to step on the stage to receive SPM result. I was happy like in the seventh heaven to get all A's but I was a little bit stunned when I looked at the slip. What happened? Was I taken another student's slip? No, but I was a little bit stunned because I got a lots of A- on some subjects that I targeted for a higher grade. However, I was still praised to God for giving me a success in the SPM examination.


                  Then, I called my father who was on his way to my school. I did lied to him that I did not yet get the result. It was due to my impression to give a surprise to him. When he arrived, I acted like a sad people and gave the slip to him to look at it by himself. Then, I smiled. He also smiled and congratulated me. He went back alone. I stayed at the school because I wanted to hang out with my friends on that evening. I went back home at night. It was the most worry day in my life until now. No matter cannot scare me even ghost but that piece of examination slip can scared me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment