Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Journey back and confident in return


                Have you ever feel nervous when getting your exam result? I do now, and it’s not like before, this time is much more serious than those previous one. But I did learn a lot from this journey back to the secondary school that I’ve been studying there for five years. We are all summoned back to take our SPM result on 17 March after our government had announced it. Due to this incoming event, my university had approved to give us 3 days of study leave to go back to our hometown to take our result.  Along this journey, I learnt about how important family is to me and how much I love and care about my small little hometown, Miri although it’s not as modern as Kuala Lumpur.

                Right before I leave my hometown for further study in UTP (University Teknologi Petronas), I felt really excited and wanted to get into this new environment study of mine as soon as possible. When our plane successfully landed, I felt like finally I’m back, after all this months. Since I didn’t see my parents for months, so I miss them very much. When I saw my parents at the airport I fell really touched and there’s tears of happiness from my eyes.

                At the beginning, all my friends keep on asking me that whether I’m going back to take the result or not and this creep me. I’m so worried that I won’t be able to go back to my hometown to take the result myself since I’ve been working so hard for these two years studying all those 10 subject. At first I was just aiming for like 8 or 9 A’s but when I get my result I was really shocked. I get straight A’s! It really help me build up lots of confidents for my study in UTP. What really surprise me is All my science related subjected got A+, this had help me prove that I had a stable base for my engineering life in the future. I was really happy that all my hard work had paid off and of course all my friends had achieve good result too. This journey had really help me to fix my future’s aim, becoming a successful and skillful engineer.

                Moreover, Miri, a place that I was born and grow. I love all the food here and of course I won’t be able to eat those food here, because the food here is mostly more suitable for Indian and malay since it’s spicy. I really miss those food in Miri, especially the “Mee Kolok” which is the most common but the best food that only available in East Malaysia. I really had a lot of nice memories back there in Miri, friends, family, food. This is where I born and I fell like already bonded to it. I really hope I will back to here, my beloved hometown after this journey.

                Lastly, I do appreciate that I had this chance to return to my hometown to take the result myself and let us had a chance to meet again with all our old friends and beloved family. This journey had really opened up my view of my own future which is becoming a successful and skillful engineer. I hope that all my juniors that had a chance to been through this journey can learn all those stuff I learn from this journey and of course even more if possible so that they can had a bright future of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment