Wednesday, April 25, 2012


LOVE LETTER 2

My sweet Lily,

            I was so shocked but very pleased to receive you message this morning. I was having my coffee when I saw a familiar face on my Facebook notification. I knew you right away that it was you. How can I forget those big beautiful eyes and that sweet smile of yours…even after 48 years, you are still that beautiful Lily I knew back then.

            I am very sorry to hear about your husband. As for me, my wife and I divorced 10 years ago but we still remain as good friends. I did love my wife very much, but things were just so complicated that we couldn’t save our marriage. I have 2 children with her, all grown up and living on their own. She is now happily married with her new husband and I am just by myself for now.

Lily,

            Of course I remember those yellow letters I used to send you every day. I think I never told you the story of how I first saw you and fell in love with you? I still remember that day when I first saw your face… you were queuing to buy a drink at the canteen and I remember just how beautiful you looked. I couldn’t get my eyes off you. I remember you dropped a few coins on the floor and as you were picking them up, your long black hair fell gently off your shoulders, I wanted to ask your name but by the time I reached there, the bell rang and you hurriedly walked back to class.

            I remember not being able to concentrate in class that day. I had to know which class you were in because I really wanted to see you again. I asked my friends if they know who you were and thankfully one of my friends knew you. He told me your name and which you were in. That’s when I decided to write you a letter and put it on your table next morning. I actually came early that morning because I did not want you to know that it was me who wrote the letter. Maybe I was afraid that you would reject me.

            After we exchanged letters for a while, I got the courage to ask you to prom. I had it all specially planned for you that night. I was very nervous when I saw you walked into the hall, wearing that beautiful white dress. I was tempted to run up to you and call out your name. But I had to stop myself because I already asked my friend to hand you the rose with the card.

            That night was very special to me. It was the night that I got to dance with the most beautiful girl in school and that night, I fell deeply in love for the first time. I knew my feelings were real and when you kissed me back, I knew that I was not the only one who felt it.

My sweet Lily,

            I know we did not get to be together 48 years ago because your family had to move far away. Your dad got a job in another and I remember feeling very angry and sad that you were leaving. I wished you didn’t have to go. We did try to keep in touch for a while but then you stopped replying to my letters. I tried to find you but did not succeed… I don’t blame you for stop loving me; I know that long distance relationship was very hard. I missed you all the time Lily… I even saved every penny I had with the hopes that I could go see you one day. But I guess fate had other plans for us. When I heard you were getting married, I stopped hoping that we would be together.

            I was angry at first, but when I heard how happy you were, I couldn’t help but be happy for you. I know that if we are meant to be together, we will be, on day… and this morning proved just that.



My dear Lily,

            I hope it’s not too late to ask you this, but would you like to have coffee with me sometime? I would really like to see you again and catch up on the years that we’ve missed.

            I still love you Lily, as much as I loved the girl with the long black hair I met 48 years ago.

Love,

Zac (Bluey)

No comments:

Post a Comment