Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Love Letter 1


LOVE LETTER 1


Dear Zac,


            How are you? I hope you are still like the ‘Bluey’ that I knew. Romantic, handsome and kind with the shining blue eyes. As you know, I lost my dear husband six years ago and through those years, I felt very lonely. My kids are now away with their future and families. My youngest, Lisa is now in Paris, furthering her studies as a fashion designer. So now, it is just me and my rabbit at home.


Zac,


            Do you still remember those yellow letters? The one that you would never forget to send, every day, even though there were times that I did not reply. It was exactly 48 years ago, when I got the first letter in class 511. It was about 8 a.m., when class was about to start. I was shocked when I saw a yellow paper on my table, with cello tapes on each edge.


            I can still feel how fast my heart beats when I saw the yellow letter. My fingers were trembling as I read the letter. It has just three words on it, “Hi Lily James” with a smiley icon below. I decided to reply the letter, just for fun. At that time, I didn’t know it was you.


            I still remember that particular night, when we first met after months of replying letters. It was one of the sweetest memories in my life. Do you remember that rose you put under my table? With a card saying “Would you be my prom date?” I was like the happiest person in the world at that time. I just could not stop smiling.


            I remember wearing the white dress to prom. It was a masquerade theme and yes, I didn’t recognize you. It was that time, when I got a rose with a card, again, which says, “Follow the rose”. I immediately saw rose petals leading to the dance floor. I followed the petals and it brought me exactly on the centre of the dance floor. There you were, wearing a white tuxedo, with a gold mask. All I could see was your shining blue eyes.


            You smiled, and that was the prettiest smile that I have ever seen. You took my hand, held me tight and we started dancing as the music was on. I could still remember your words, “Don’t be afraid to fall, cause I’ll catch you through it all”. Do you remember those eyes were staring, people stopped dancing and exactly at that time, I felt your lips on mine. Then, I knew the love sparks between us.


            It is funny that I found you through the internet, like other youngsters through Facebook. The time I clicked on your profile, my heart beats, pounded out loud I know, the love sparks again.


No comments:

Post a Comment