Thursday, April 26, 2012


Time to Face My Nightmare (Narrative Essay)
Have you ever felt so afraid that you cannot even stand on your feet? Well, I already felt like that when I was on my way to pick my SPM result two weeks ago. I was just an average student with average marks every semester and average performance in co-curricular activities. The following paragraph will tell you more about my journey to my former school, the damn slip that I have been waiting for 16 years and my family and friends’ reaction as the slip was in my hand.
I believe every SPM 2011 candidate was waiting like hell for the 21 March to come and tried to come to school as early as possible. The same goes to me. It was like freaking me out when I received many phone calls and texts wishing me the best of luck on the night before the date. To stop this nonsense, I decided to switch off my phone after I asked my father to pick me up on that day. Sharp at 10.27 a.m., I saw my father’s car entered the parking lot in front of the V5 block with a big smile on his face. I wonder if he was okay on that day. I dragged myself into the car because I can’t wait any longer to grab my slip and tried to sleep all the way to my former school. But, mission aborted. I failed because I cannot stop thinking what does my slip look like. My eyes were on the street but my mind flew away. There are lots of questions in my mind but unfortunately, I don’t have the answer.
The time has come. Finally, I managed to reach my former school at 11.13a.m. Only God knew how I felt at that time. I almost can’t believe what I saw as my friends came out from the hall with tears of joy rolling down their cheeks. At one point, I got the courage to enter the hall and pick up my whole-life-waiting SPM slip. I saw my hands were shaking when I held them to pick the slip which was given my Biology teacher, Ms. Salmah. I know she was smiling at me but I can’t return the smile. I just can’t. Suddenly, my cheeks felt very hot with some drops of water. It was my tears. I was so afraid to look at my slip because it was so nerve-wrecking. I don’t know what to do remove this feeling so I just cried. My friends beside me were tapping my shoulder to calm me down. Because of them, I finally took a peek on my slip and the next thing I know, I passed out.
I admit, I always make my parents worry about me. When I passed out in the hall, it was a chaos. My friend told me the full story. Of course, my parents ran to get me and brought to the hospital. Luckily, it was nothing. I was just lack of oxygen because of my shock. I am so glad to say that my family and friends were happy with results. No, they are not just happy but they were so excited. I also felt like that but I don’t know how to express it into words. I just can put a smile on my face and say ‘thank you’ when someone congratulates me. I am so blessed with this gift and I know that my hardwork for the past few years (although it was always the-night-before-exam preparation) was paid off. Don’t be like me because it was just luck for me to get this kind of result.
Lastly, I would love to give my highest gratitude to HIM for giving me this kind of happiness. My parents’ nonstop-love-and-support also will never be forgotten. Mom and dad, you just don’t know how much I love you both because me, myself can’t even measure it. I know I owed you guys too much. Teachers and friends, they were the most marvelous creature on earth. My hope, my siblings and juniors will take my good attitude as an example and leave my bad ones. They just have to decide what is best for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment