Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Argumentative Essay – Swansea or UTP ?


I have finished my SPM and now I am counting the days which the result will be announced. The major thing that keeps on rolling in my mind is that I have to choose to further my study locally or oversea. The institutions that interest me are Swansea University in China and Universiti Teknologi Petronas in here, Malaysia. After made some research and getting opinion from friends and family, I choose to further my study locally in UTP. This is the best choice because it saves a hefty amount of money, prevent homesick and Malaysia have the educational system that is as good as in the oversea.

First of all, I am not a child born in a silver spoon so definitely by studying in UTP will save a lot of money. This is because the currency exchange in China is higher than Malaysia currency. Plus, the educational fees in Malaysia is affordable compared to in oversea.

Besides that, by studying in UTP can prevent myself from homesick. If in oversea, I may make a phone call to Malaysia or make a video call since we have Skype nowadays but not everyone can access internet easily. I may be wilder if I study in Swansea due to its surrounding which has higher social life. On the contrary, if I study in UTP it is easy for me to understand what lecturers say because of the same slang.

Moreover, the educational system in UTP is as good as in Swansea. This is because we learn the same thing. In addition, Malaysia also have one of the best university in the world. Malaysia’s universities also able to produce graduated people who capable to work with multinational company.

As conclusion, I choose to study in Universiti Teknologi Petronas rather than in Swansea University, China because all the explanations stated above. By right, we must support local universities to increase highly skilled employees to be produced and with that Malaysia will achieve the vision of 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment